Training is an important part of development at any career level, however, as early career researchers it is often essential to enable us to conduct and develop our research ideas. NRG BESS aims to help fill common skills and knowledge gaps that the community has by running training events.
Do you need help or advice on how to use a particular type of software? Or advice on a specific method? If so, send us an e-mail and we may be able to help you through the network.
Is there a course you would like run?
We invite you to contact us with any suggestions of courses you would like to see run by NRG BESS. If there is the demand within the community we will venture to run our own courses which will be subsidised for members.
Current suggesting for training opportunities include:
- Ecosystem services modelling/mapping e.g. InVEST
- Public outreach and social media
- Translating Science into policy
- Publishing a scientific paper – from start to finish!
- Sourcing funds and writing grant proposals
- Qualitative research techniques and analysis
Do you know of any courses that could be useful?
If there are any courses or training programmes you have been on, or are planning to attend, and feel could benefit other NRG members please contact us so that we can share the details with other members.
Who should I contact about NRG training?
Please contact email@example.com with any requests or suggestions for training and skills development.
Courses run in 2014:
- Policy (March 2014)
- ArcGIS for beginners (Sept 2014)
- Participatory GIS (Nov 2014)
- Film Training (Nov 2014)